RSS
SUPER BOWL

Zach Miller to sign with Troy

When talking to defensive tackle commit Xavier Melton, he mentioned that his teammate, cornerback Zach Miller, is also committed to Troy. Miller is 5-foot-11, 178 pounds.

Miller later confirmed that for me.

He played at Butler County (Kan.) CC after signing from Byrnes, S.C., a perennial nationally-ranked team. Miller said he was going to sign with North Carolina out of high school, but his ACT score was too low. He should be in Troy this summer.

"The coaching staff's all really good people and the coaches up here were telling me that they were good coaches," Miller said. "I loved the tradition that they have and it's close to home. They're looking forward to me being on the field and told me to take care of the responsibilities that I can take care of."

Miller was named a first team All-American (and all-conference) after he intercepted a team-high eight passes and broke up eight passes. He had 52 tackles (44 solo), one sack, six tackles for loss, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble. The Grizzlies finished No. 2 in the NJCAA Rankings with an 11-1 record.

"I really liked the guys at Troy," Miller said. "They're a good group of guys and we bonded like a family. I'm looking forward to being there."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...