RSS
SUPER BOWL

Tyler Lassiter commits to Troy

Troy picked up a big offensive line commitment when Hazel Green lineman Tyler Lassiter pledged to sign with the Trojans next week.

In fact, Lassiter had a well-kept secret about his recruitment for a day before making his commitment to Troy.

"It was a roller coaster ride," Lassiter said. "But I committed to Troy today. I had committed to UAB yesterday, but I decommitted. My heart was telling me Troy."

Lassiter had Troy in his final three of UAB and Marshall. Western Kentucky also offered.

"I loved everything about Troy," Lassiter said. "They were my first offer and they offered me when I was a junior and stuck with me through everything, even when I had been committed to Middle Tennessee but they called at the end of the season and said they couldn't accept my commitment because they were signing three JUCOs to fill the spots.

"I really like Coach (John) Schlarman, Coach (Larry) Blakeney and all the coaches and players. Terrence (Jones) was my host and I like him a lot. He's a cool guy."

Lassiter said he's 6-foot-7 and 300 pounds and will play tackle for Troy. He played left tackle for Hazel Green, a Class 6A school in North Alabama.

"I finish," Lassiter said of his play. "I play aggressive and physical and I finish my blocks. Look at the highlights and you can tell."

Here is Lassiter's senior highlight tape.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...