RSS
SUPER BOWL

Circle City Sweets/Circle City Soups--Revisit

Recently the schedules in our house changed and my lovely daughter and I find ourselves downtown every Saturday at lunch time (she has ballet in the morning).  So we have started trying to take advantage of being there to try some new things for lunch.  The last couple of weeks we have hit the City Market which has been really fun, and we can both get different things and enjoy the Winter Farmer’s Market as well.
So this week, I was sort of torn about what to get and ended up lured back to Circle City Sweets/Soups.  When we got there (and I think all day on Saturdays) they were still offering breakfast sandwiches served on their own fresh made croissants ($5) so we got one of those to share as well as a cup of the tomato bisque ($2).  First of all, that croissant was amazing.  Warm and flaky and buttery, but with just the right amount of crunch…literally my mouth is watering right now as I type this.  The “American” sandwich that we got included scrambled eggs that were very well seasoned, bacon, and American cheese.  It was simple, but delicious.  And quite generous in size, particularly given the price.  They also offer a “French” version with City ham from Smoking Goose and gruyere which will likely be on the top of my list next time.
The tomato soup was also really good.  Rich and creamy, but with still the distinct acidity from the tomatoes.  The soup was topped with bacon gruyere croutons-- I mean you can’t really go wrong with that, and I appreciate the texture variation in the super creamy soup.  A great little combination.  And I love the fact that Circle City Sweets and Circle City Soups are a collaboration of a wife (the sweets, and those wonderful croissants) and husband (the soups, and the rest of my sandwich).  They have got a great thing working there.
A little side item, from a different stall, but worth mentioning was the order of pretzel bites we got at A Taste of Philly Pretzels (guess who wanted those?).  I liked that they made little bite sized pieces and they are tasty soft pretzels for sure.  A frequent purchase by my kids at the Broad Ripple Farmers Market in the summer as well.  My daughter wanted her pretzel bites photographed, and of course I was happy to oblige. 

Yes, I was the dork taking a picture
of the trash can

I also wanted to mention a follow up from a post I wrote last summer in which I complained about the overabundance of Styrofoam use at various vendors.  Neither of the vendors mentioned in this post use Styrofoam in their businesses and I recently saw a tweet from the City Market saying it was one of their goals to get rid of it throughout the market this year.  That is certainly good news.  As is all of the recycling cans next to the trash cans throughout, which I also don’t remember seeing this past summer.  I am a crazy recycler, and find it nearly physically impossible to put something into a trash can that can be recycled.  Very happy to see these changes!
Now, of course I would love to hear good kid friendly Saturday suggestions for future lunches downtown with the daughter.
Circle City Sweets
Indianapolis City Markey
222 East Market Street
Indy  46204
317/632-3644

Circle City Soups
Indianapolis City Markey
222 East Market Street
Indy  46204
317/956-2395

A Taste Of Philly Pretzels
Indianapolis City Markey
222 East Market Street
Indy  46204
317/828-6753
Enhanced by Zemanta

Circle City Soups on Urbanspoon

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...