RSS
SUPER BOWL

Terris Lewis commits to Troy

Yes, it was a good recruiting weekend for the Trojans.

Terris Lewis, an all-state player from Linden, committed on his visit.

"I like the school and I like the coaches," Lewis said. "I think that in four years, I can come in and get a good education and hopefully have a chance at the NFL."

Lewis, 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, did just about everything for Linden, playing outside linebacker, tight end, wide receiver and H-back for Linden, the Class 1A runner-up. He also played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game.

Lewis was recruited also by UAB, Jacksonville State, Memphis and South Alabama. He projects as an outside linebacker for Troy.

He was hosted on his visit by defensive lineman Aaron Williams, and recruited by defensive ends coach Randy Butler.

"I like how the players came and made me feel welcome," Lewis said. "They didn't force anything on me. They just let me know about the school and the football program."

According to scout.com, Lewis recorded 142 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and six interceptions during the 2011 season. He also had 26 catches for 544 yards and nine touchdowns as a tight end.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...