RSS
SUPER BOWL

The 700 Club!

(is this the little blog I carried, is this the little blog at play...?)

As 2011 comes to a close, the blog has come to a fun milestone. 700 posts! I cannot believe I have written so consistently here for 4 years. Thanks to everyone out there on the interwebs who has stopped by in the past several years to see what I had to say about whatever. Be it a theater review, or Olympics coverage, or a TV recap, or a love letter to Rafa, or my Year Without Cookies, my little google stats thing lets me know that people continue to come by. :) I always think I have the best readership because almost nobody ever leaves comments. I don't say that sarcastically. The occasional, "good post, O!" is always a treat, but I don't think I could really deal with a bunch of really intense ALL CAPS misspelled comments every time I posted about an episode of SYTYCD in which anonymous people tell me how I'm a dumbass who doesn't know anything. It's nice enough that people stop by now and then, read and go on with their day. :)

As I reach 700 today, I went back and read my original post about why I was starting to blog. It was called "Plans" and you can read it in full here. But my basic idea was this:

"I believe the Lennon quote goes: Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans. But what if you are not busy making other plans? What if there are no plans and no momentum towards making them? I am not by nature a self-planner. I mean, it's my day job to organize other people's schedules and make plans for them, but that's different. It's like with chefs who don't cook for themselves at home. Right now I have peanut butter and jelly prospects for the future.... I have lofty ideas about what I should be able to accomplish in my life and it ain't gonna happen unless I get out of my comfort zone and try new things. When I get inspired, I will follow through. Now that's my plan."

So that's where the whole title for blog came from. Reading that first post back, I am satisfied that I have continued to follow last marching order. When I get inspired now, I will follow through. And the past four years have been filled with inspiration. And love. And boredom. And anger. And comfort. And self-discovery. And objective achieved. And facing new challenges. And setting new bigger goals. In essence, making plans.

I'm glad I've developed a place where I can come write about it all. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...