RSS
SUPER BOWL

Coleman-Dancer talks Troy

Troy got a midyear signature from Mississippi Delta Community College linebacker/safety Wayland Coleman-Dancer, who is working towards joining the Trojans in January.

Coleman-Dancer played his high school ball in Cleveland, Miss.

"My family and I went to visit and we had a good vibe about it," Coleman-Dancer said. "Everything just clicked. Good atmosphere and great coaches."

Troy coaches, specifically linebackers coach Benjy Parker, started recruiting Coleman-Dancer during the season. Mississippi Delta didn't list statistics, but the 6-foot-1, 210-pound Coleman-Dancer played linebacker in junior college and could project as an outside linebacker or safety for the Trojans.

"Coach Parker's a Delta guy and he knows what it takes to move on to higher places," Coleman-Dancer said. "I just really appreciate the opportunity he gave me and I want to get up there and prove to him that he made the right choice."

Coleman-Dancer spoke on his goals for the upcoming season.

"First off, I want us to win the conference championship, maybe even a national championship," he said. "I want to help my team the best I can and be a good teammate and play team ball, take care of business on and off the field as well as in the classroom and be accepted by the Troy community."

Coleman-Dancer said he plans on majoring in Accounting. He had recruiting interest from Kentucky and Memphis and several offers from lower-level schools.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...