RSS
SUPER BOWL

#katewinsletproblems

(you might be dealing with a lot, but chances are you're not dealing with what Kate Winslet is dealing with.)

I really enjoy Kate Winslet. I think she is a fantastic actress and always comes of as a really fun and relatable person in interviews. And she's an Attractive, which never hurts. Yesterday I was reading an interview with her I found linked to online originally from MTV News, where she talks about the inescapable nature of "My Heart Will Go on" for the past 15 years of her life since Titanic was released. She was very good-natured about it, even though it's made clear that among the song's detractors she is at the top of the list. It seems everyone who knows how to play piano believes she will want to hear the song whenever she walks into a room. She recounted a story about a recent appearance on an Italian talk show I find particularly amusing.

 "I did a talk show recently in Italy, and they actually had a live pianist who started gently playing the theme song. I was not even gently, rather severely, urged to go and sing it as though I had in fact sung it myself in the first place. It was like, 'No! I'm not going to do that.' They're like, 'Oh no, come on it will be funny.' No, it won't be funny. At all. And I'm not going to."

I find this amazingly absurd. It feels like an SNL sketch - one that they didn't even put that much effort into  writing no less! - but it actually happened in real life. I got to thinking, what must have been running through Kate Winslet's mind when she found herself on an Italian talk show being pressured to sing a Celine Dion song from a movie she was in 15 years ago? Was her thought process something like, "wow, this is crazier than that time I was staying on that billionaire's private island and lightning stuck the roof of the mansion causing it to burst in to flames so that I had to gather up my children and flee the house, picking up the billionaire's frail mother along the way and literally carrying her down the stairs and out the front door before the whole place was completely consumed by fire? Is this moment crazier than THAT?"

The Italian TV show was probably not as harrowing or unbelievable as the Great Branson Mansion Fire of 2011, but it reminded me that Kate Winslet, for all of her lovely down to earth nature, has been in some very surreal situations. She handles them with charm and grace and self-assurance, as you would imagine, but not many people face her bizarre circumstances. It's the conundrum of being a level-headed person surrounded in a world of money, opportunity, creative nut-jobs, entertainment bizarros and natural disasters. These are Kate Winslet Problems.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...