RSS
SUPER BOWL

Troy baseball wins opener

Good night for the baseball Trojans as they beat Central Michigan 7-3 to open the season. Tyler Ray struck out 8 and improved to 1-0. His 13 straight wins leads the NCAA.

Recap, with link to box score HERE.

I listed to the first couple of innings and the postgame show. Troy only had 2 hits, but pitchers struck out 13. Pierce mentioned on the postgame a couple of great defensive plays by third baseman Danny Collins (which I did hear) and second baseman Jakob Nixon, two newcomers to the program.

Trojans play a doubleheader tomorrow vs. CMU, and it got moved up to 11 a.m. to try to beat the weather. I'll see some of it, mostly so I can beat the weather before basketball. It's going to be messy, but I am glad to get to see some baseball, even if I'm not really writing much about it.

The final home basketball game of the year is Saturday night as the Trojans host UALR. It's the last game at Sartain Hall, as you probably read on Wednesday.

But, I did write a game preview today and asked coach Don Maestri what went wrong in the big loss at Arkansas State. You can read that HERE.

There should be a big crowd so hopefully it'll be a vocal one as well.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...