RSS
SUPER BOWL

Football coaching search update

As you know, Troy has an opening for an assistant coach after Maurea Crain was let go in early January.

One candidate I do know of, and I'll stress that he's just a candidate for now, is West Georgia assistant head coach/secondary/special teams coordinator James Colzie. You can read his bio HERE.

I mention him now because the name is finally being mentioned on one of the "coach scoop" sites. I don't really like to link to those because they're not always right. The same site mentioned that Kenny Edenfield had interviewed with North Alabama for that vacancy, and that wasn't true. I guess 1 out of 2 isn't bad.

Troy isn't commenting on the situation officially until a coach is hired, and that should come this week. Troy head coach Larry Blakeney did stress through a spokesperson to me that no one had been hired as of late Friday afternoon. I got a "no comment" from West Georgia head coach Daryl Dickey on Friday and I may not have much more until a hire is announced.

But Colzie's name is a popular one. And no, he won't coach defensive tackles if he is hired. But, his name is out there.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...