RSS
SUPER BOWL

James Brown at the NFL combine





Here are a few Associated Press photos of James Brown performing drills at the NFL Combine on Saturday. The defensive linemen go Monday, so I should be able to update Jonathan Massaquoi at that point.

The NFL.com site lists Brown's official time in the 40-yard dash as 5.30. I had seen a better time on NFL.com for Brown but this is what's listed now.

HERE is Brown's NFL.com profile with all the combine results, weights, analysis, etc. Brown did 24 reps on the bench press of 225 pounds, vertical jumped 25.5 inches, broad jump of 102 inches, 7.70 seconds in the 3-cone drill and 4.78 in the 20-yard shuttle. His grade was 82.2.

From Patriots.com, here is what Brown had to say before the combine about playing tackle or guard. That full report is HERE.
 
James Brown (6-4, 305) of Troy could be another tackle in the second-round range. He has a wealth of experience, having started every game of his college career after red-shirting in 2007. However, at the Senior Bowl, coaches moved him to guard to test his versatility.

"Quite frankly, I'll play anywhere they want me to play," Brown told reporters, and that's exactly what the Patriots coaches like to hear.

Brown may have starting experience, but he's still clearly a raw talent that could benefit from the tutoring of someone like New England o-line coach Dante Scarnecchia.

"I definitely need to work on my technique, flexibility and leverage," conceded Brown. "I'm a better run blocker. I've been told that I have a great punch, and that helps me out in the run game and the passing game, too."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...