RSS
SUPER BOWL

Josh Warren signs with Troy

Troy picked up its second signee of the spring signing period when Brevard (Fla.) Community College center Josh Warren sent in his letter of intent.

Warren is 6-foot-9 and 210 pounds.

"Even before I went on my visit, I had a good feeling," said Warren, who chose Troy over Stephen F. Austin, SIU-Edwardsville and Mississippi Valley State. "When I told my dad I was going to Troy, he just said the name sounds like it fits right. I loved my visit. Everything about the place was great."

Troy was looking for a big man or two in this signing period and Warren fits the mold. On a talented Brevard team, Warren scored 4.7 ppg and had 6.7 rpg as a freshman and 4 ppg and 4.7 rpg last year.

You can see his bio HERE. Warren knew Troy center Tim Owens, who graduated this past season, as both are from the Orlando area.

Warren played in high school, finishing up in 2007, but he couldn't get his diploma until 2009 when he passed the graduation exam. Right then, he got an unexpected call.

"I was working two or three jobs at a time and still trying to get my diploma," Warren said. "A coach at Brevard called when I passed and told me he wanted to sign me."

While Warren's scoring numbers don't jump off the page, other wing players had more scoring opportunities and he'll be asked to score some for Troy. But he knows his main role.

"I'm the hustle guy who's going to get every rebound and dive after every ball," Warren said. "I'll put my heart out there for my team so we can get the win."

Warren said he wants to major in Education at Troy and eventually teach Kindergarten. Despite not starting college until a couple of years after he finished high school, the 23-year-old Warren has made the Dean's List each semester at Brevard.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...