RSS
SUPER BOWL

Alpharetta, Ga., WR commits to Troy


Troy picked up a commitment Tuesday when Alpharetta, Ga., wide receiver Blake Rowlinson committed to the Trojans.

“They have a great campus,” Rowlinson said. “I brought my mom and grandmom on a visit last week and they were very surprised and very pleased with how new everything was. They’re putting money into the school. It’s Division-I football in the Sun Belt Conference. Troy has done very well and I’m excited to be a part of it."

Rowlinson, 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds, had 25 catches for 450 yards and two touchdowns for Alpharetta, which plays in the state’s largest classification. He missed three games with an ankle injury, but fits well into Troy’s offense.

“They run the exact same plays we do,” Rowlinson said. “Coach (Kenny) Edenfield feels like I can play the Y (inside) but he also feels like I can play both outside receiver positions, too.”

Rowlinson’s primary recruiter was quarterbacks coach Sean Reagan. He got his offer from Troy in June, after being invited to a camp. Troy was Rowlinson’s first offer.

Rowlinson said he plans on majoring in something related to law and business. He also said he’s relieved to get his recruiting process over.

“This whole summer, I had been focusing on helping the team out and trying to figure out where I would go to school,” Rowlinson said. “Now I can focus solely on helping out the team.”

If you click on THIS LINK, it will take you to Rowlinson's junior highlights.

2013 commitment list

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...