RSS
SUPER BOWL

THE WAY I SEE IT ... The Following is more blood-and-guts than broadcast TV needs

I'm sitting here at WEVV this morning watching the pilot for Fox's newest drama, The Following, which stars Kevin Bacon as a former FBI agent tracking a truly gruesome serial killer, and folks, I'll be honest:  Bacon would've done well to put six degress of separation between himself and this one.

I don't think the show, which premieres a week from Monday (Jan. 21) is right for Fox ... or any other broadcast network, at least not now.
 
Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-blood-and-guts when it comes to dramas on TV.  To a point, I'm OK with it.  But this show ― at least in the pilot ― just takes it way too far.  I'm not the only one who feels that way, either.  Google it and you'll see.

Of course, Fox executives and the show's producer have defended the show, as you'd expect.  Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly says he's “putting on an excellent thriller ... not glorifying killers.” But after sitting in this chair in front of this TV, I just can't agree.

I hope that Fox changes its tune and puts this one on ice.

"THE WAY I SEE IT ..." commentaries express the opinion of JDTVB's editor, Jacob Newkirk.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...