RSS
SUPER BOWL

La Hacienda: Revist

So I have to admit, I get a little burnt out on Mexican food around here, because so much of it seems the same.  And even within a particular restaurant, oftentimes, it is just many of the same ingredients being used in different shapes and tortillas. One of our regular Mexican places is La Hacienda because it is really close to our house, and if I am honest, because I really like the Texas margaritas and chips and salsa.  The kids really like it, it is really fast, and they people are generally pretty nice.
I met a friend for lunch the other day though and she recommended something new—something I had never even actually noticed on the menu (which, like many Mexican places is enormous)—the chicken soup.  Sounds boring huh? But I really liked it.  And honestly, it is a lot of those same ingredients, but just enough different, that it didn’t bore me.

So it is an enormous bowl of soup with all kinds of things in it.  There were even pieces of tortilla on the bottom that were soft.  There was a little bit of cheese in there, that would surprise you when you got a spoonful with some in it, a lot of tender shredded chicken, chopped pico de gallo (onions, cilantro, and tomato) and bits of rice all in a slightly spicy, but rich, chicken-y broth.  My favorite part, of course, was the creamy, cool slices of avocado lying across the top (some of it sunk  before I took the picture).  There was enough to get a little bit of it with most of your bites.  I appreciated they weren’t skimping on it.
The only thing I didn’t like about the soup was I really wanted to eat it all, and my stomach was so full from it that I couldn’t.  Of course the chips and salsa and margaritas didn’t really help that problem either, but they are all so good.  Like I said, this is a place our family goes to fairly often, and I am happy to report something new and interesting to order.  And hey, if you guys go there, and have a favorite item to share, I would love to hear it. Or, of course, I continue to keep my list of new Mexican places to try if you have any suggestions in that regard too!
La Hacienda
6825 Graham Road (and other locations)
Indy  46220
317-577-2689



La Hacienda Mexican on Urbanspoon

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...