RSS
SUPER BOWL

March Madness: Round 2 - Bracket Breakdown

Oy. My bracket is DEAD. I was worried that my pick for Final Four competitor (2) Villanova was in danger of losing early, and that worry proved to be well-founded. Nova got bounced by (10) St. Mary's in the second round. But that wasn't the worst of it, my pick to win it all was Kansas and in a shocking upset, Top-Seed Kansas lost to (9) Northern Iowa. I wasn't alone in picking Kansas to win it all. President Obama picked them, as did about 96% of bracket builders. So now we're all screwed.

Overall, I have 8 of my sweet 16 picks still in play, and I can still have 6 of my elite 8 picks make it to the next round. With all the losses, I still managed 200 out of 404 total points on the nytimes website and I'm ranked 19,204. So I'm slipping a bit. We'll see how the rest of the tourney plays out. If the first two rounds are any indication, there will be more surprises ahead!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...