RSS
SUPER BOWL

March Madness: Round 1 Mini-Massacre!

Jeez, who told these lower-seeded teams to believe in themselves? Don't they know what bracket busters they're being? Damn... let's take a look at the damage.


So all in all, I incorrectly predicted nine first round winners and correctly predicted 23. Not TOO bad. All my Elite 8 and Final Four Teams remain in play (however, Nova looked really vulnerable in it's first round game, and as I'm writing this, it's not looking good for them against 10th seed St. Mary's. Not good at all.)

The biggest upsets for me were (3) Georgetown losing to (14) Ohio in the Midwest, and (6) Notre Dame losing to (11) Old Dominion in the South. I had picked them to go to the Round of 16. Boo-urns. I see how people get so obsessed with their brackets during March Madness. With my beloved UConn not invited to The Dance, I wasn't sure who I'd really root for, but by picking a winner in each game, you become invested in games between teams you could very well know nothing about! Everything matters!

Right now on the NYTimes bracket, I have 120 out of 208 possible points. I don't know how they decide points, but it leaves me ranked 18,422nd of all players. Here's hoping I do better with my predictions in Round 2. Although Nova... sigh... I think I backed the wrong horse on that one.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...