RSS
SUPER BOWL

Books of Note: Never Tell Our Business To Strangers


I wanted to give a shout out to the recently released book "Never Tell Our Business To Strangers: A Memoir." by Jennifer Mascia. Jennifer is a friend of a friend which is how I first found out about the book. It tells the story of Jennifer's family and about the secret past her parents tried to conceal from her while growing up. As she continues to uncover the truth, she is rocked by several revelations that make her reconsider who her parents were and what it means for her one sense of identity. I finished the book a few days ago, and it's really an excellent read. I don't want to give away what the family secrets are here, even though the book is upfront about some of them right from the get go. I just think it's more interesting to uncover them in the book. Jennifer's writing style is accessible and engaging and the story, while pretty wild, is also often times heartbreakingly relatable (note: my spellcheck tells me "heartbreakingly" and "relatable" are not real words, but hopefully you still get what I'm saying).

You can purchase the book at local retailers or through the amazon link in the photo, or through your kindle device. It's worth it. Congrats to Jennifer on her honest and unflinching account of her family history and her life growing up. Her story is inspiring and I'm so happy for her success.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...