RSS
SUPER BOWL

Montgomery OL commits to Troy

David Gross from Trinity Presbyterian school in Montgomery became Troy's fourth offensive line commit when he pledged to sign with Troy on Wednesday.

"I really enjoyed the coaching staff and got along real well with coach Larry Blakeney and coach John Schlarman," Gross said. "I like the small town aspect and felt like it was the place to be. I knew they were filling up fast with spots on the offensive line and I always knew in my heart for a while that Troy was the place I wanted to be. I talked to my dad about it and went ahead and committed."

Gross had an offer from UL-Lafayette and schools like Samford and Jacksonville State. He picked up his offer from Troy back in April and came to Troy's camp recently. He was getting interest from schools like Auburn and North Carolina State, but the bigger schools wanted to see more of him at offensive tackle. Gross had been a defensive end up until the fourth game of the season last year when he was moved to tackle. He'll still play on the defensive line, but the offensive tackle spot is where his future lies.

"I think my head coach, Randy Ragsdale, knew it from the start," Gross said. "A lot of coaches were telling him, 'Hey, you should play David on the offensive line some.' In 10th grade, I was about 6-4, 6-5 and about 240 playing strictly defensive end. The faster ones run about a 4.6 and I'm a 5-flat or 5.2 (40-yard dash). I can do the shuttle times just as fast, but college coaches were saying I should be at tackle and wanted to get a look at me there."

Now, Gross is up to about 285 pounds. He said he wants to major in sports management or something business-related. Here are some highlights of Gross from YouTube.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...