RSS
SUPER BOWL

Lexington, S.C., lineman commits to Troy

Lexington, S.C., offensive lineman Johnathan Boring impressed Troy coaches during a recent camp, earning an offer. Not long after that, he committed to Troy.

Boring lived in Auburn before moving to South Carolina in seventh grade, and he has plenty of family and friends still nearby.

"My whole life, I've been dreaming of being a Division-I football player," Boring said. "My high school coach said Troy's a big Division I and it's what you want. I'll be able to see family and friends who are basically only an hour away and also play at a really nice school."

Troy was Boring's first offer, but he had also been recruited so far by Clemson, Duke, Kentucky and Tennessee. Boring said he planned to take another unofficial visit to Troy soon so his mother and brother - who is 6-foot-1, 180 pounds as an eighth-grader - can meet Troy's coaches.

Boring is 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds, perfect size for a tackle, but he plays center for Lexington High School, which went 11-1 last year, getting upset in the first playoff game to a team it had beaten 52-17 earlier in the season.

"I can play guard, tackle or center," Boring said. "I played center last year, guard and tackle my sophomore year and left tackle my freshman year. The way our offense is, the coaches like to keep all the meat inside and let the fast and skinny kids block the outside. I can get (the snap) back there and never have had a bad snap."

Boring said he wasn't sure what he would major in, but eventually wants to either be a chiropractor or go into physical therapy. He was relieved to get his commitment done before his senior year.

Here are some video highlights of Boring from YouTube.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...