RSS
SUPER BOWL

Enterprise WR commits to Troy

Enterprise, Ala., wide receiver Clark Quisenberry made an early impression on Troy coaches, earning honorable mention all-state honors last year as a tight end. Last week, he committed to Troy.

(Another edit): Story in Wednesday Dothan Eagle HERE.

"He really enjoyed the recruiting process by Troy and they did a really good job of selling the program," said Kevin Collins, Enterprise's athletics director who coached Quisenberry through last season. "Once you commit, you want your word to stand. There's always a little bit of pressure early on, but he and his family felt like it was a good fit and they went ahead and made the decision."

Collins had high marks for Quisenberry's ability. He played tight end at Enterprise but is being recruited as an inside receiver for the Trojans. Quisenberry had 37 catches for 692 yards and five touchdowns last year.

"They are getting, probably in my career, one of the most tenacious players I've ever coached," Collins said. "He practices that way and he'll hit you. He's just got that type of mentality. He's not really that way off the field, but once he gets between the lines, he can flip that switch. Other teams can see it. When he's out there, they know who he is and what kind of player they're facing."

Quisenberry is 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds. He is also a star baseball player for the Wildcats, who reached the third round of the Class 6A playoffs. He'll play his senior football season for new coach David Faulkner. Quisenberry could play some quarterback and he also punts.

"He does a lot of things for us," Collins said. "What sets him apart is his tenacity. He plays the game at full speed."


2 p.m. Tuesday edit - Did talk with Quisenberry, and here's what he had to say:

"I went to camp the other day and all the coaches were really nice and treated us well," he said. "It was a good experience and I really couldn't imagine going anywhere else."

Quisenberry was offered in the spring and chose to commit this summer.

"It all just happened," Quisenberry said. "I grew up an Auburn fan but obviously I'm a Trojan fan now. I've been going to Troy games with my grandparents. God just put it in front me and I thank Him for it."

Quisenberry, strong in his faith, said he wouldn't be a problem off the field.

"First off, I love Jesus Christ and he's my Savior," Quisenberry said. "I want everybody to know that I'm going to be one of those guys who does things the right way. They won't have to worry about me off the field. I'll give everything I have to the team and I'm a guy who wants us to succeed."

Quisenberry also spoke on his on-field tenacity.

"I'll just say that when I'm playing, if a guy on the other team is a friend, he's not my friend when we step inside the lines," Quisenberry said. "Even in practice, it's the same way. Unless he's on my side of the ball."

Quisenberry also played basketball for Enterprise, but won't play that sport as a senior. He said he hopes to play baseball as well in college, presumably at Troy, but hasn't gotten that opportunity yet to play both sports.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...