RSS
SUPER BOWL

Troy gets QB commitment

Brandon Silvers had been going to Troy University football games since he was a little kid. Wednesday, the quarterback from Gulf Shores, Ala., made his college football dream a reality when he committed to play for the Trojans.

Silvers, a 3-star quarterback on ESPN and the 26th ranked quarterback nationally by ESPN, has some family ties. His uncle, Carey Christensen, played quarterback for Troy's 1984 national championship team.

"Every time I go to Troy, I feel like I'm at home," Silvers said. "I've been going there since I was little. (My uncle) always wanted me to go to Troy."

Silvers, who is 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds, earned his offer in July. He was being recruited by Alabama and Arkansas, and held offers from several Sun Belt schools, such as Middle Tennessee, South Alabama, UL-Lafayette and Arkansas State.

"They made me feel like they wanted me," Silvers said. "They weren't going to offer a quarterback, but then decided to offer me."

Silvers threw for 1,400 yards and six touchdowns as Gulf Shores went 5-5. He ran 116 times for 410 yards and 9 touchdowns.


HIGH SCHOOL
***Brandon Silvers (QB, Gulf Shores, Ala.)
**Brandon Burks (RB, Daleville, Ala.)
**Cody Core (WR, Auburn, Ala.)
***Bobby Walker (WR, Fruit Cove, Fla.)
***Brandon Brooks (WR, Jacksonville, Fla.)
Michael Lindsey (WR, Elba, Ala.)
Antonio Garcia (OL, Riverdale, Ga.)
**Luke Lawrence (OL, Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
Mitchell Roland (LB, Auburn, Ala.)
***Shaquille Beverly (DB, Jacksonville, Fla.)
JaQuadrian Lewis (DB, Fitzgerald, Ga.)
JUNIOR COLLEGE
Chris Hawkins (OL, Hutchinson, Kan. CC)
**Brandon Timmons (DE, Northwest Miss. CC)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...