RSS
SUPER BOWL

JUCO quarterback commits to Troy

Hinds, Miss. Community College quarterback Deon Anthony recently committed to Troy.

Anthony, 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds, visited Troy officially for the FAU game. He earned an offer not long after that.

"I like the team and I like the coaching staff," Anthony said. "The offense is similar to what we ran (at Hinds) and it would be a good fit. I feel like (the coaches) want me to come in and change the program, and I feel like I can do that."

Anthony, who will enroll in January for spring practice as a junior, is aware that current starter Corey Robinson will also be a junior in 2012, but said he would get a fair shot to compete for the job.

"They want me to come in and push him, but if I don't win the job, they said they can use me at receiver or in some quarterback packages," Anthony said. "I feel like there will still be a place for me on the offense."

Anthony played high school ball in New Iberia, La., and threw for more than 2,000 yards with 18 touchdowns and topped 500 yards rushing with nine touchdowns.

He had recruiting interest from Southern Miss, Memphis and Delta State.

**** (Star count is the highest rated I could find the commitment listed on all of the recruiting sites - rivals, scout, ESPN, 247sports.com)

HIGH SCHOOL
***Brandon Silvers (QB, Gulf Shores, Ala.)
**Brandon Burks (RB, Daleville, Ala.)
**Cody Core (WR, Auburn, Ala.)
***Bobby Walker (WR, Fruit Cove, Fla.)
***Brandon Brooks (WR, Jacksonville, Fla.)
Michael Lindsey (WR, Elba, Ala.)
Antonio Garcia (OL, Riverdale, Ga.)
***Luke Lawrence (OL, Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
Mitchell Roland (LB, Auburn, Ala.)
***Shaquille Beverly (DB, Jacksonville, Fla.)
JaQuadrian Lewis (DB, Fitzgerald, Ga.)
JUNIOR COLLEGE
Deon Anthony (QB/ATH, Hinds, Miss. CC(
Chris Hawkins (OL, Hutchinson, Kan. CC)
**Brandon Timmons (DE, Northwest Miss. CC)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...