RSS
SUPER BOWL

Monday notes

Don't have as much to talk about this week, but here goes:

Injuries: Looks like linebacker Kanorris Davis (ankle) will play. Doubtful for safety Cam Hudson (hamstring) and wide receiver Jaquon Robinson (foot).

Defensive coordinator Jeremy Rowell on the unit: "It’s always better when you win. We did some stuff a little better, I wouldn’t say we were dramatic drastic differences, but we were able to make a couple of plays, get a couple of key stops, get a couple of turnovers which obviously helps. You could see the game as it went, some better things happened to us playing a little better, the confidence part we all talked about. You could kind of see it gradually getting a little better for them every snap."

Rowell on Troy's low sack total: "Not getting people in as many long yardage situations to where they do have to drop back and throw it, getting in better situations to where they can get it out, where you could bring all 11 and it wouldn’t matter because they’re going to throw it and get it out."

"It just depends on how it all sets up some. Quarterbacks are getting rid of the ball better and the grounding rule changed to where they can throw it at the feet of one of their guys behind the line of scrimmage and that makes a different.

On playing better on 1st and 2nd down, would that allow more sacks? "It would allow you an opportunity to get more sacks. I’m not telling you it’s going to get you more, but it puts you in better situations."

Blakeney on the low sack totals: "That’s all about being able to rush the passer. Who’s up there rushing it? I’ll tell you one little technical thing. We’ve played a lot of 2 techniques, which is straight up and down on the guards, and some movement.

"Normally, when you play shades and 3 technique, you’re in a gap and it gives you a little more rush leverage by the inside guys. The outside guys, they have techniques they have to play for run. We’ll give them some go calls and chances where they can rush the passer. Our sack production on defense is down? I would imagine a lot of things on defense are down"

Corey Robinson on his improved performance over the last 2 games, which includes taking more chances downfield: "I wasn’t playing like the old Corey used to play in previous games. I was trying to be something that I wasn’t. I just had to sit down with (coaches). They told me I needed to go back to the gunslinger, the Corey that I was last year and the Corey they recruited. I thought I had to do that, and that’s what I’m going to start doing."

"I was being too cautious at some points, trying to make too much happen by myself rather than letting those guys make plays for me. That’s something I had to learn, a little process that I went through, but I’ve learned it and it’s not going to change."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...