RSS
SUPER BOWL

The Matrix: Resolutions

(I resolve to be a badass in 2011.)

I'm really excited about resolutions this year. The last few years I've written long lists of things I want to get done and then cross them off the list as I pursue 'em. It's worked well and I'll continue to do it. But I wanted to share a few of the stranger/sillier ones from this year.

1. Grow my hair longer than I've ever had it in my life! This is going to be interesting. I haven't cut my hair since... August, I think. I must have cut it right before the Fringe run of my show, which was also right before Lin's wedding, and I had planned to get it cut in October before my birthday and the marathon, but I never did. And not it's grown in A LOT from what it was. So I think I'll just let it keep going. It's a pain in the ass to maintain, I don't know how ladies with long hair do it. On days I don't put a lot of effort into, I very quickly look sorta homeless. So I will have to make it priority in 2011. The longest I've ever had it was almost chin-length in my freshman year of college. Which was a loooong time ago. Let's see how far I take this before I chop it off again. Tom Brady will show me the way.

2. No cookies. No soda. I love cookies. I love soda. But they are not good for me, and once I start in with them I have no resistance and they are all I want to eat. They are out of the diet as of January 1st. Nobody who knows me thinks I can hold out on cookies for very long, but I need to get back into fighting shape. I've gotten a little soft this holiday season. Bye, cookies. It's not you. It's me. Well, actually it's you.

3. Take the physical challenge. I need a new athletic goal. I've not quite determined what it will be. But I'm determined to determine it. I've done the ING NYC Marathon 3 years in a row now, and I've applied for a 4th go-round, but if I don't get in, I'll need a new challenge. I've already been skydiving. Maybe bungee jumping? I'm sort of terrified of that. Maybe I'll do that... Tennis lessons? Hmm... I'm looking for something.

4. Write Paris blogs. I went to Paris six months ago and I took lots of notes about my trip and I planned to write it all down like I did with Rome, but I had all these other things to write. But starting this January. January I will write the Paris blogs!

5. Be Nice. I'm enjoying my (early!) 30's and while I ain't a kid no more, nevertheless I've felt myself experiencing some life growing pains as of late. It's made me grouchier and moodier in my daily interactions than I'd regularly care to be, so I plan to put some extra effort into returning to more Owen-like state of civility in the coming winter months. It never hurts to remember to be nice.

There are more, of course, but this is a good sampler. Here's wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to everyone out there on the interwebs. Let's go after what we want with renewed vigor starting this January! Dreams come true, bitches. Oh, thank heaven. It's 2011!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...