RSS
SUPER BOWL

Three Years and Counting...

I can’t believe it has been three years since I started this blog.  It has turned into something way more than I thought when I started it, at least for me (I started it as a personal catharsis actually).  I have learned a lot about Indy restaurants and different cuisines and am grateful to all of you for your ongoing recommendations, comments and just general support (and of course letting me know on those rare occasions when I am wrong about something).  Because of this blog, I have eaten at so many places I never would have tried otherwise.  It motivates me to not get trapped in a rut of only going to the same few restaurants over and over. 
Here are a few random observations I have made along the way:

1. It's always the posts that I think no one will care about that get the most response (of course sometimes it ends up having nothing to do with the actual restaurant being reviewed, but who cares?);
2. If I want to get yelled at, I post a review of an Asian restaurant;
3. My Dad and I have different taste in restaurants; :)
4.  Steakhouse reviews rarely get much feedback (which I find ironic since we have SO many of them in this town);
5. When you as for a server's recommendation and s/he gives you a list of the most "popular" items, ignore the suggestions and get something else; and
6. Always bring a sweater, whether it is winter or summer, because most restaurants in this town are cold.

Ok, those are for fun (although true), but really I have appreciated learning just how many people care about our Indy food scene.  There are a lot of people very passionate about it, and about their favorite places.  I love this.
Now, of course, as always, keep sending me your favorites for me to add to “the list,” but I would also love to hear your critiques of this blog—what would you change and how would you improve it? What annoys you about it?  C’mon, I can take it (I think).  And many of you have privately made suggestions about ideas to add posts that aren’t just reviews.  What do you guys think about this? Love it or hate it? Are there things you would like to see covered? Of course, you would all have to promise to participate… J  But c’mon, let’s hear it!
Cheers! And here’s to what is hopefully, a great food year!
-Erin

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...