RSS
SUPER BOWL

Some Guys Pizza


I know Indy people have a thing for whatever “their” pizza is and I know Some Guys is one of those places with a loyal following who will probably be peeved by this review, but what can I say? Before we moved back to Indy years ago, Some Guys used to be one of our favorite pizzas to order when we visited too. We ordered it for awhile when we first moved back, but started trying some other things and lost interest because it seemed to be falling off (especially if you ordered it delivery or even take out). But we were going to an event nearby and hubby had enjoyed a meal there recently when I was sick, so we decided to go back to Some Guys one evening with the kids and see how it was dining in.

One of the things I don’t like about a lot of the pizza places around here is that many of the tomato sauces seem so sweet to me or something. So after looking at the choices I decided to try one of the specialty wood fired pizzas that had a pesto sauce instead of a tomato sauce. It was called the “artichoke” and it had artichokes, black olives, tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes. Hubby got a traditional pizza with mushrooms and red onions and we shared a small salad and garlic bread. The kids had a cheese pizza.

If you have eaten at Some Guys, or many of the other similar pizza places around, they all seem to have that same or similar salad with minimal lettuce, a few other pizza toppings and lots and lots of cheese (assuming it is the same cheese that goes on the pizza as well). Actually, come to think of it, the only thing in the salad that isn’t on a pizza as well is the lettuce. Anyway, it is really more like cheese and the other pizza toppings (like olives, green peppers and onions) with a bit of lettuce and a decent balsamic vinaigrette with gorgonzola in it.

The garlic bread is good, basic garlic bread and you can add cheese (we didn’t). In fact, my parents used to like to go in and just get garlic bread with cheese and a topping (like sausage), a salad, and call it a meal.

As for the pizza, I don’t know, I wasn’t overly impressed. The crust was too big and poofy and the ingredients tasted like they are just straight out of a can. In fact, the crust on hubby’s pizza (which I don’t think came out of the wood oven) was better because it wasn’t so bready. Even though my pizza had the pesto sauce, it was still a little dry and didn’t have a lot of flavor. The kids’ basic cheese pizza was probably the best of all of them because it was thin and crisp.

I will say, we had a very friendly and enthusiastic server who was super nice to the kids and gave us very generous wine pours. She alone almost makes me want to go back. Almost. But there are so many pizza places in this City, and I think several that are better. Hey, by the way, post a comment and let me know what your favorite pizza place is, I would love to hear about it.

Some Guys Pizza
6235 Allisonville Rd
Indy 46220
317/257-1364
http://www.someguyspizza.com/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...