RSS
SUPER BOWL

Why Won't I Just Read The Name of the Wind Already?

(Am I actually reading this book? ...Sorta?)

Once Upon A Time, in a land Pretty Much Right Here, I was looking for a good book to read. After several recommendations from trusted sources, I downloaded The Name of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss, to my kindle. I started it, read about 5 pages and... paused. I had every intention to keep reading this book. I have had it listed on my "What I'm Reading Now" tab on the sidebar of the blog for months and months. I haven't even read enough of it to offer an opinion of whether I've liked it or not. I keep meaning to start reading it again, but throughout the time since i paused, I've decided to read many other things instead. In fact, I've read quite a bit, including:

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
Welding With Children by Tim Gautreaux
Werewolves in Their Youth by Michael Chabon
Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Dinner with Friends by Donald Marguiles
Bossypants by Tina Fey

Quite the varied selection, no? Not a ton of straight-up fantasy to be found in there though. I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin, which fills that fantasy void, but why didn't I just decide to read the one I originally started and had no problem with? Why can't I commit? Shouldn't I do it already, or otherwise at least admit to myself that I'm not actually reading it and take it down off the side bar? I can't though. I don't want to! Oh, it's crazy how the mind works. Maybe I'll pick it up after I finish A Game of Thrones. But no, I've committed to reading The Year of the Flood after that. Maybe after that one. ...Or maybe it will be one of those projects that is started and put perpetually on hold. I don't like those though. I've had enough of them. I'm on this "finish what i started" kick. I make a blog vow (the most sacred of vows, way deeper than marriage) that I will get through The Name of The Wind By Labor Day. At some point over this summer I am gonna worm my way through that book and I'm gonna cross it off my to do list right and proper. As Blog as my witness, it shall be done!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...