RSS
SUPER BOWL

Pretty in Pink Party Decorations

Last month we had a super fun baby shower for my bff, Dawn. I was in charge of the decorations and it was all about the DIY. I have been super into making buntings for my friends lately and couldn't help making one for the shower (all pink) which doubles as a gift after the party.
I mixed some new fabrics with some vintage sheets and vintage pink corduroy. 

The main decoration was the records. I bought a dozen records at my favorite thrift shop.
Titles include: Organ Dance Party, Accordion Favorites, and Polka Party. I measured the label and then (since I don't own a circle cutter) I found something in my home the same diameter to trace. 
I was able to fit 6 circles on each 12" x 12" paper. And, I bought the paper at JoAnn when it was on sale 4 for $1. Score!!!
I tried a few glues but a good old fashioned glue stick worked the best.
I wanted the hole in the center so I stacked all my glued records, found the center and drilled a whole with my Fiskars drill thingie.
I placed the records all over the room and used one as the guest sign-in book.
Here they are all lined up on the mantle.
I could not get a good picture of this last decoration to save my life so I'll just explain it.
I look yards and yards of vintage pink string and glued on punched out pink scalloped circles and hearts. Again, I love that 25 cent paper!

Thanks for stopping by today. Right now I'm thinking about a tea party. Hmmmm. Any ideas/suggestions?

Here is the Pretty in Pink Party post and the sweetheart s'mores tutorial.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...