RSS
SUPER BOWL

This Zedonk is Ridonk

Perhaps you've heard already, but this is news to me. Apparently a zedonk, which is cross between a donkey and a zebra, was born last week at the Chestatee Wildlife Preserve in Dahlonega, Georgia. The little lady is currently living it up there with her zebra father and donkey mother. Here's a picture of her.

(Zebras are from Mars, Donkeys are from Venus, and Zedonks are from The Outer Limits.)

I honestly didn't think cross-species mating like this happened. I thought that was something that was made up to keep the make-up department on Star Trek busy or a fever dream of whoever came up with the Wuzzles. I mean, obviously different breeds of dogs and cats can mate, but I didn't know that zebras and donkeys were genetically close enough to produce viable offspring.

(Wuzzle means to mix.)

For the record, it seems that Baby Zedonk takes after her zebra papa in terms of behavior. She doesn't lie around like mama, and instead stands alert as is watching for predators. Someone tell her she lives on a preserve and can lie down! I don't know if they named her yet, but I suggest "Nanny" as an homage to the Muppet Babies caretaker who was also known for her striped legs.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...