RSS
SUPER BOWL

No Pressure Over Lost & Cappuccino

"We should get coffee sometime. We could go dutch."

So this little show called LOST ended last night. Perhaps you've heard of it? :) Finales for event shows like these always come with high expectations and often they cannot live up to the hype. After last night's finale, I could tell by the facebook statuses of friends that there were a lot of mixed feelings about what happened and what was explained and not explained. Personally, I found the ending very satisfying. Do I think it makes total sense? No. Are there lingering questions that irk me? Yes. But two main things happened that were enough for me to be cool with it. SPOILER ALERT!!! 1) A group of people actually got off the island (again. this time no one unintentionally left behind) and 2) the mystery behind the sideways flashes was revealed. For those who really need answers to who's behind the Hanso Corporation, how the Dharma Initiative found the island, and the importance of the temple and the giant Egyptian statue, fear not. I'm sure it will only be a few years before there's a show where adult versions of Walt, Ji Yeon, and Charlie travel back to the island under the guidance of Eloise Hawking to visit Groundskeeper Hurley and Uncle Ben in the hopse of uncovering more island mysteries. It's never too soon to think sequel.

But as I was saying above, I really appreciated the finale and how Jack's overall story as it was wrapped up. I thought there was a tremendous amount of love shown to all the characters and a lot of forgiveness and redemption and release for them over the course of those last 2 and half hours. For me it really worked (hooray for me!).

As I was on my way to work this morning, rather randomly (... or was it FATE?) an old Alanis Morissette song shuffled on to my ipod. I nice unplugged version of "No Pressure Over Cappuccino." And as I was listening to the somewhat stream of consciousness lyrics I thought "wow, this song is so LOST." Yes, I'm that big of a dork. But check out the lyrics and tell me you don't think of Jack Shephard and many of his fellow Lostaways. Especially the first and last lines... :)
And you're like a 90's Jesus
And you revel in your psychosis
How dare you?
You sample concepts like hors d'oeurves
And you eat their questions for dessert
And is it just me or is it hot in here?

And you're like a 90's Kennedy
And you're really a million years old
You can't fool me
They'll throw opinions like rocks in riots
And they'll stumble around like hypocrites
And is it just me or is it dark in here?

You may never be or have a husband
You may never have or hold a child
You will learn to lose everything
We are temporary arrangements

And you're like a 90's Noah
And they laughed at you when you packed all of your things
And they wonder why you're frustrated
And they wonder why you're so angry
Is it just me or are you fed up?

And god bless you in you're travels
in your conquests and queries...


THANKS FOR SIX CRAZY SEASONS, LOST! BAD ROBOT!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...