RSS
SUPER BOWL

The Play Is The Thing

Tonight I received very exciting news that the play I wrote, "The Timing of a Day," was accepted into the 2010 New York International Fringe Festival, otherwise known as FringeNYC. To say that I am thrilled and honored to have my piece be selected for inclusion would be a total understatement. This will be my first full-length play to be performed for an audience. I have written collaboratively before, but this is my most substantial piece of solo writing to date and I'm just over the moon to know that it's going to be performed in the Fringe this August. I can't wait to pour my energy into the production over the next 4 months.

I want to say thank you to my friends at Mind The Art Entertainment, especially Christian, Ariana, Ashley and David for shepherding me through the application process and for all their support as I continued to revise the script. I look forward to bringing this play to life with you guys, along with the rest of the team, throughout the summer.

I'd also like to give a shout out to everyone who read the play throughout all of its many drafts and who gave me their time and thoughtful comments. Many have sat in my living room acting the parts for me between last August and January so I could hear the characters in voices other than the ones in my head. This includes Sarah L, Una, Amanda, Sandi, John, Perri, Jacob, Richard, Jared, Sarah K, Rich, Jeff, Lin, Adam, Jenny and Joey. If I forgot anyone, my apologies. There are so many others who have listened to me talk and fret about the play over the past year as well and I just wanted to say thank you to them as well.

I'd also like to thank my family for their love and support even though I didn't tell them I was writing a play. I think they will be both thrilled and relieved to learn this play is not about them.

So now the fun begins! So much work to be done. I can't tell you how happy and energized I am to go after it. I was pretty much burying myself in anxiety for the past two weeks in anticipation of finding out what the verdict was. The relief I feel right now is huge. I know people put up plays all the time and mine is just one of many, but it's very special to me.

Thanks to everyone who's sent me kind wishes and congratulations since I found out earlier this evening. I'll keep you all updated on it as things develop!

LOVE OTM

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...