RSS
SUPER BOWL

RIP Crackberry 2007-2011


(This picture of my blackberry was taken by my new iPhone. These times, they are a'changin'.)

So Monday evening I got an iPhone. This is a big deal for me. I have been a crackberry junky for the last 4 years. I've had three models over that time. The first one was a dinosaur, the second was much nicer (but got lost in transit early in our relationship) and the third one I loved and had through many adventures. Unfortunately, it has been freaking out on me too consistently lately. I was seeing more and more of the spinning hourglass as it tried to complete the most basic of functions. Plus I couldn't play angry birds on a blackberry. I had never played angry birds before! So it was definitely time for a change.

I don't really understand my iPhone yet. There's no keypad. There's no blinky light to tell me when I have messages. I don't know how to change any of my settings. It does have angry birds now though. So that's something. I feel a little bit like my blackberry was a PC and now I'm dealing with a mac. There is definitely an adjustment phase. I just want to take a moment to remember my blackberry fondly. For allowing an email addict like myself to immediately know when messages were waiting for me. For all the joy it gave me while killing time on the subway or waiting for people to show up various places. For carrying my Italian and French Dictionaries when I was running around Rome and Paris. For allowing me to play Facebook Mafia no matter where I was or what else I should've been doing. Thank you, blackberry. I've loved these days.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...