RSS
SUPER BOWL

Calling all WMRAers with a sense of humor and a willingness to speak up!

Okay, gang, I'm starting today's blog with a really lame, lame, lame attempt at what I would not presume to call wit . . .

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And how you and I together can
Make sure our fundraiser sings."
 
Here's the deal as I, your intrepid blogger, see it: WMRA on-air folks will be cozying up to their microphones in a matter of weeks and nattering away (cheerfully, compellingly, windily) about both
  • how much we all need WMRA as part of our community's conversation; and 
  • how dependent WMRA is on your support.
Speaking as one of the natterers, I will be hard put to come up with anything I haven't said before. Several hundred times, most likely. I try during every fundraiser to mix things up, but let's face it, I'm working with the same brain and creative juices I've always had.

Now let me pull out my professional crystal ball, give it a good dusting, put on my oracle outfit and do a little gazing.

Hmmmmm, what do I see?

Or more importantly, what do I hear?

Wonder of wonders! I hear myself, and Bob, and Terry, and Matt, and Tom G. and Tom D. speaking words we've never used before, because they are your words!

How fresh! How compelling! What fun we are all having!

But you know, we won't have that wonderful supply of new, fresh words if you don't supply them. Yes, I am asking you to post your reasons for supporting WMRA, so we can use your words instead ours to get the phone a-ringing during the Fall Fundraiser.

I've already asked once on Facebook, and got only one (excellent) response -- thank-you, thank-you Lisa Gaudet Carter! So now, please, it's your turn.

Take your WMRA support to another level!

You may post your reasons for supporting WMRA either here or on the "Why I support WMRA" Facebook discussion page I've started.
WMRA needs you!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...