RSS
SUPER BOWL

A Picture is Worth 1000 Taunts

The Yankees are once again World Champions! It's very exciting. The series was hard-fought and there were a lot of players who really came through in the end. A-Rod finally had a great October/November. Jeter was a solid team captain. The pitching of Sabathia, Pettite and Rivera was on fire throughout, and veteran Hideki Matsui was named MVP after racking 6 RBI in a 7-3 victory in Game 6. Happy 27th Championship, guys!

As entertaining as the game was to watch, I also had a great time lovingly hating on my favorite Phillies fan: my friend Bajir. He's in London right now, so he might not have been able to stay awake to see his team LOSE, but for most of the night Bajir, and I along with our friend Alicia made a lot of comments about a certain picture Bajir posted to his FB page. Posted below is the picture and the loving taunts it inspired. Enjoy!


Alicia Romano
WHERE oh where is the dislike button?
4 hours ago

Owen Panettieri
Oh Bam, they are gonna shoot that green mofo DOWN.
4 hours ago

Bajir Cannon
"I know nothing of philosophical philanthropy. But I know what I have seen, and what I have looked in the face in this world here, where I find myself. And I tell you this, my friend, that there are people (men and women both, unfortunately) who have no good in them--none. That there are people whom it is necessary to detest without compromise. That there are people who must be dealt with as enemies of the human race. That there are people who have no human heart, and who must be crushed like savage beasts and cleared out of the way." - Charles Dickens
4 hours ago

Alicia Romano
Man, I thought _I_ was serious about baseball.
4 hours ago

Owen Panettieri
"NO MORE LIVING FOR YOU!!!" - Xena, Warrior Princess
4 hours ago ·

Bajir Cannon
"I am confident that, in the end, [Philly] and [the honorable Phils] will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."Cat Stevens
4 hours ago

Alicia Romano
"The [Yankees] are awesome."-Mother Theresa
4 hours ago

Owen Panettieri
"So what I'm understanding here is that you're not gonna give me any [offense]. So I'm basically left with nothing. I'm left with zero here 'n which, what can I do with zero? I can't do anything with it! I mean this is my life we're talking about here; we're not just talkin' about — something else, we're talking about my life. And you're forcing me to do something I don't want to do—to leave. To just pick up and say—make a clean cut here and say, "No way, [Charlie], you're not gonna put up with these people." And I'll tell you why I can't put up with you people. Because you're bastard people. That's what you are; you're just bastard people. And I'm gonna go home and I'm gonna, I'm gonna bite my pillow is what I'm gonna do!" - Charlie Manuel to his team during Game 6 of the 2009 World Series.
4 hours ago ·

Bajir Cannon
"Go Yanks!" - Hitler [and Osama]
3 hours ago

Alicia Romano
!! You're bringing Hitler into this and it's only the 3rd inning!?
3 hours ago

Owen Panettieri
"I heart the Phillies!" - Satan [and Michelle Bachman]

Alicia Romano
From this day to the ending of the world,But we in it shall be remembered-We few, we happy few, we starting lineup;For he to-day that kicks Pedro's sorry little ass with meShall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile. This day shall gentle his condition;And gentlemen in the bronx now abedShall think themselves accursed they were not here,And hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaksThat scored a run or at least got an RBI or twoUpon world series day
3 hours ago

Alicia Romano
I gotta say, it sure doesn't look like [Deity of Choice] is on the side of the Phillies, here.
2 hours ago

Owen Panettieri
"I can hit 5 home runs in one World Series and it STILL isn't enough to carry my team to a Championship title? FML." - Chase Utley
about an hour ago ·

(and after the Yankees got that last out in the top of the 9th)

Owen Panettieri
"Oh no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Matsui killed the beast." - Fay Wray



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...